Low energy and tiredness are symptoms that your body and life are out of balance. We are energy. The words we speak are energy. The food we eat is energy. The materials we surround ourselves with are energy. The music we listen to is energy. And of course, the people we spend time with are energy. To boost energy naturally we need to address the person’s entire lifestyle, not just the food aspect.
- Maintain stable blood sugar levels. Eating a meal filled with simple carbs will cause a blood sugar high and a quick energy boost. But it will dip shortly after causing you to feel tired. Choose foods that are nutrient dense, foods that are real. Include a quality protein at each meal. Amino acids in protein are precursors to you feel good neurotransmitters.
- Drink enough water. Dehydration is often one of the first symptoms of tiredness.
- Use caffeine wisely. It affects your sleep quality. Avoid it by 2 pm or even earlier.
- Identity if tiredness is due to a food sensitivity. Eating something you are sensitive to will leave you feeling tired as your body tries to deal with the offending food and it can cross into your brain.
- Supplements helpful include Vit D, magnesium, essential fatty acids and vitamin B. Vegans and vegetarians are prone to low vitamin B12 status which can affect energy.
Exercise and lifestyle
- Walking and sunlight. A natural dose of Vitamin D and fresh air does wonders to the mind and body. The sun energises plants and it energises us too!
- Move more. Stand. Stretch. Take the stairs. Stop slouching and stand straight.
- Exercise smart, not more. Over-exercising is taxing on the body. Keep workouts short. Balance your weight training and high cardio sessions with gentle forms of exercise such as yoga or walking. Yoga is great for unblocking the emotional stress.
- Sleep well. We are all different but most of us need 7 to 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Less sleep can increase our appetite the next day, alter hormones, depress our immunity and make us more prone to insulin sensitives.
- Minimise technology use at night. At night our bodies need to prepare for sleep. We know it is time to sleep when it gets dark outside. But you can’t just turn the bright light-offsand then expect to fall asleep. It takes time. Turn the lights off a few hours prior to bed. Turn the phones and laptops off. All that blue light is interfering with your bodies ability to know it is sleep time.
- Beware of your thoughts and language. Transmit positive energy through what you say. When someone asks how you are, don’t say okay. Say you are wonderful, it is a beautiful day. You’ll change your physical state and emotional state right away.
- Do what you love. There is nothing more draining than a job you don’t like. We spend hours at work, of course, you are tired if you don’t enjoy it. outside of work, schedule activities in that you love. Socialize, human connection is important. Hug, dance and laugh.
- Listen to music that uplifts you. Music has a way of changing our vibration. We do take in all that is around us. If you are listening to sad songs, songs about abuse or drugs that will lower your vibrational state. Find uplifting and upbeat music. Instant mood changer.