Crunchy Chocolate Chip Nut Bars
These are a healthy alternative to store bought bars. Perfect for lunch boxes. You could experiment and try different nuts.
Write a review
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 60 grams dark chocolate finely chopped (75% or more)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease a line a square 20cm cake tin.
- Roughly chop nuts (or if you have a food processor pulse) and add to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Pour the mixture into your prepared tray. Press the mixture firmly into the tray.
- Place the slice into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the slice from the oven and leave it in the tin to cool. Once cool place into the fridge for an hour or so prior to cutting.
- Eat and enjoy.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist http://elizabethpattalis.com/