Moroccan Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Almonds
Write a review
- 4 carrots cut about 1 cm thick on the diagonal
- 1 cauliflower cut in florets
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 can chickpeas rinse and drained
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 5 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Place carrots and cauliflower between 2 lined baking tray. Mix with cinnamon, cumin, corriander and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until browned and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets and mixing halfway through.Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous to packet directions. Fluff with a fork and leave aside to cool.
- Lightly toast the almonds in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing with the lemon juice, remainder oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables with couscous, chickpeas, spring onions and almonds. Toss with dressing. Place mixture on a serving dish ready to eat.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist https://elizabethpattalis.com/