Cauliflower Rice & Lentil Bolegnase
Vegetables should be the star of your dish! Less pasta, more veggies :) I have made this dish a few times, each time changing it up slightly. Sometimes I throw in some kale as well. Use what ever you have in the fridge. There are no rules. Enjoy.
Write a review
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup brown lentils (I used tined)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 140 g pasta
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Place tomatoes, garlic and onion slices on a baking tray, add olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Place cauliflower into a blender. Blend until the cauliflower is crumbly.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add minced cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 2 minutes, add the tomato mixture from the oven.
- Add tomato paste, roughly chopped basil and water.
- Add lentils.
- Reduce heat to low simmer. The longer you simmer the thicker the sauce.
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Once pasta is cooked, add to the tomato sauce, divide onto plates and top with the nutritional yeast.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist https://elizabethpattalis.com/