Pilates can really make a difference to your health without taking a toll on your body.
There are many benefits to sessions. Benefits include:
- A refreshing mind and body workout – the focus is on quality of movement, not quantity. This precision in movement allows the mind to focus on your body, focusing on the breath and reduces stress.
- Developing a strong core – flatter abdominals, a strong back and strong glutes can all be achieved with Pilates.
- Gain lean muscles and flexibility – pilates elongates and improves elasticity in the muscles and joints.
- Create a balance body – a balanced body is less likely to be injured. Pilates conditions the whole body, including the small stabilising muscles which are often neglected in traditional weight regimes leading to muscle imbalances. Pilates corrects imbalances and improves body movement. It is prefect for athletes for improved sport performance.
- Learn how to move efficiently – move the wrong way long enough and you’ll start to feel pain and experience injuries. Pilates focuses on activating the correct muscles in the correct sequence. This is invaluable for anyone with any type of pain such as back or hip pain. Pilates retrains the body on how to move correctly and efficiently.
- Pilates is a gentle workout – it is perfect for everyone. It isn’t taxing on the body yet it is challenging for those wanting a calorie workout. Exercises vary from beginner to advanced and as your body becomes more conditioned you up the intensity.
Pilates builds a better body.