Vegetable and Hummus Pie
This is a really simple dish to make. If you want to experiment, make your own pastry and houmous. But otherwise, for something quick, this is extremely easy.
Write a review
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 sml red capsicum sliced
- 1 sml yellow capsicum sliced
- 50 g small broccoli florets
- 50 g small cauliflower florets
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 sweet potato sliced thinly
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g hummus
- 1 tbsp lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 2 sheets puff pasty
- milk, egg yolk or butter for brushing the pie with
- Preheat the oven at 220 C.
- Mix the onion, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and capsicum in a bowl, coating with the olive oil and cumin seeds. Roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove. Add the houmous, coriander and lemon to the vegetables.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 C.
- On a tray with baking paper, lay one of the pastry pieces. Arrange the sweet potato, slightly overlapping with each other. Leave a 2 cm border.
- Pile the vegetable mixture on top of the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Roll the second piece of pastry a little thinner. Drap over the filling and press the edges down using a fork. Trim any excess pastry.
- Brush the pie with the butter. This will give the pie a nice colouring when baking. Cut 3 diagonal slits in the pasty.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes. Until pie has gone a golden brown and is puffed up. Serve with a mixed salad.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist http://elizabethpattalis.com/