Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas
These are seriously such a great snack! I can't believe I'm only now discovering them. Here I have flavoured the chickpeas with salt and vinegar but you could play around with herbs and spices for a range of flavours.
Write a review
- 1 tin chick peas drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vinegar
- sea salt
- olive oil
- In a saucepan add the vinegar, chickpeas and a touch of salt to the boil.
- Once it has boiled. Turn the stove off and let it cool for 40 minutes. Drain.
- Place on a roasting pan with a splash of oil and a little more salt.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 180 degrees. Stir them around after about 20 minutes.
- Remove once they are toasted. Allow them to cool. They should be crunchy on the outside but soft inside.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist http://elizabethpattalis.com/