Baked Choc Almond Porridge
This baked oats dish feels like a real treat. Adding the choc chips at the end makes it extra special. As you break into the porridge and choc chips melt, so good! I wouldn't eat it all the time, but on the weekend, why not?
Write a review
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cup almond milk
- handful choc chips
- vanilla coconut yogurt (optional)
- The night before, place oats, chia seeds, maple syrup and sea salt in a bowl.
- Melt your almond butter and pour into the dry mix.
- Add the vanilla and milk.
- Leave in the fridge over night.
- The next morning, if there is still some liquid in it, either heat it up in the microwave or simmer it down on the stove top. You want the mix to be thick. Then place in an oven proof dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Once ready to eat, top with the coconut yogurt and choc chips.
- If you were short on time, you don't have to bake it. You could just heat it up in the microwave for 1 minute. I personally like the baked texture of the oats on top.
Elizabeth Pattalis Nutritionist http://elizabethpattalis.com/